Best Careers for ESFJ Personalities
In this article
Learn which careers are ideal for you based on your Myers-Briggs personality type.
ESFJ is one of 16 different personality types from the Myers-Briggs Type Indicators (MBTI). This personality group values logic, structure, and teamwork. If you’re in this category, you’re in great company: famous ESFJs include Danny Glover, Don Knotts, and Olympian Nancy Kerrigan.
On this page, we’ll help you better understand your strengths, weaknesses, and ESFJ career choices, with key suggestions for top ESFJ personality type careers.
Doesn’t sound like you? Learn more about the best careers for your MBTI personality here.
What Does ESFJ Stand For?
ESFJ stands for Extrovert, Sensing, Feeling, and Judging.
ESFJs are incredibly loyal, organized, community-focused, allowing for several viable ESFJ career paths. Because of their appreciation for authority and hard work, the best careers for ESFJs will be in industries with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
ESFJ Personality Strengths & Weaknesses
|Leaders||Lacking in creativity|
What Careers Are Best for ESFJ Personalities?
There’s a large variety of ESFJ careers, with some of the best careers for ESFJ personalities landing in the tech industry.
- Data analyst. ESFJs’ organizational abilities and results-driven frame of mind make them excellent candidates for data analyst positions. With Springboard’s Data Analytics Career Track, ESFJs can finetune their love for structure and results into practical skills and open doors for high-earning ESFJ careers.
- Machine learning engineer. Because ESFJs love helping others, they can feel satisfied knowing they’re building systems that benefit others. Machine learning engineering also plays to ESFJs strengths by allowing for a collaborative environment while encouraging data-driven work and should be on every ESFJ career list.
- Technical support specialists. Capitalizing on their intrinsic desire to help others and communicate, roles in technical support, and other related areas are great options for ESFJ personality careers. This career path has firm structures for problem-solving and won’t require ESFJs to stray outside of their comfort zone.
How Does Springboard Help ESFJs Achieve Their Career Goals?
Springboard provides a self-paced curriculum structure designed to cater to the ESFJ personality. By covering an extensive curriculum, accessible mentorship, and providing the tools for a self-driven portfolio, Springboard has adapted its many career tracks to cater to the learning styles and success across the entire spectrum of ESFJ personality types.
- Gain the confidence you need. Springboard offers prep courses for aspiring data science and software engineering students who feel they do not qualify for these technical programs right away and can help ESFJs gain the confidence they need to go forward.
- Get results. Like ESFJs, Springboard courses are results-driven. 85% of all Springboard students received an offer within four months, and 53% of students overall received a job offer prior to graduating.
- Keep track of your goals. With regular one-on-one mentorship calls, ESFJs will receive constant feedback to help them stay on track and provide guidance when looking for potential career matches.
- Study in a systematic way at your own pace. The courses offered by Springboard are self-paced which is ideal for ESFJs, who enjoy focusing on projects for a long stretch of time.
Since you’re here…
Considering a career in data analytics? We can get you there. Don’t take our word for it – check out our student reviews. After just 6 months of study in our fully flexible Data Analytics Bootcamp, we’ll boost you into a job in the field, guaranteed. Get started now with our free data analytics curriculum.