Announcing: Data Engineering Career Track
At Springboard, we know a thing or two about data. Our online learning platform has helped thousands of students to learn data analytics, data science, and machine learning engineering. On average, Springboard alumni earn $26K more after completing our Career Tracks.
Today, we’re excited to launch the Data Engineering Career Track, the latest piece of our data portfolio.
Related: What Does a Data Engineer Do?
Is Springboard’s Data Engineering Career Track right for me?
Data engineers build data pipelines that transform raw, unstructured data into formats data scientists can use for analysis. They are responsible for creating and maintaining the analytics infrastructure that enables almost every other data function. This includes architectures such as databases, servers, and large-scale processing systems.
Data engineering is currently one of tech’s fastest-growing sectors. Data engineers enjoy high job satisfaction, varied creative challenges, and a chance to work with ever-evolving technologies. Not to mention the great pay: in the U.S. alone, data engineers earn an average salary of $128K. It’s no wonder that data engineering roles are growing 50% year-on-year.
If you’re familiar with the basics of programming and have some experience working with data and databases, then Springboard’s Data Engineering Career Track is the course for you. This is a great option whether you’re looking to grow in your existing role or transition to a new career.
In addition, the Data Engineering Career Track is ideal for data scientists, data analysts, or software engineers (including new grads) who want to transition into a new career in data engineering.
What will the Data Engineering Career Track cover?
Springboard programs are designed to help you get where you want to go. That means our data engineering coursework has been designed for the real world, with online classes to fit your schedule and an industry expert who mentors you through every step.
The Data Engineering Career Track will take most students six months to complete at a pace of 15-18 hours/week.
Over the course of six months, you will:
- Design, build and maintain scalable data pipelines
- Learn to work with the ETL framework (Extract, Transform, Load) for copying data from multiple sources into one destination
- Build data pipelines using cloud solutions, virtualization, and containers
- Design data streams and APIs
- Learn data warehousing and modeling using intermediate SQL
- Work with cloud warehouses and AWS Redshift
- Design pipelines to process real-time streams using Apache Kafka and Kafka Streams API
- Learn key data engineering tools including MapReduce, Apache Hadoop, Spark, and more
You’ll also complete 15 technical mini-projects and two capstone projects covering end-to-end development processes you’ll perform as a data engineer, graduating with hands-on experience and a portfolio of work to share with employers.
What can I expect to get out of the Data Engineering Career Track?
As with all Springboard courses, the Data Engineering Career Track will be a 100% online and self-paced learning experience. As a data engineering student, you’ll also benefit from one of Springboard’s most sought-after features: a community of support that includes a dedicated student advisor, a career coach, a course teaching assistant, and an expert mentor in the field matched specifically for your goals and needs.
Here’s what else you can expect from the course:
- Mentorship and advice. One-on-one mentorship from an industry expert who will provide assistance, career advice, and insight via weekly 30-minute calls.
- Springboard’s job guarantee. You will benefit from career support and a job guarantee for up to six months after completing the course.
- Career support and guidance. Before graduation, the Springboard career services team supports all students in their job search. This includes helping you prepare for interviews and networking and facilitating your transition into the tech industry. As you prepare to graduate from the program, you will work with your mentor to practice interview skills and learn how to showcase capstone projects to potential employers.
Ok, I’m sold. How do I sign up and what’s it going to cost me?
The full tuition of the program is $8,940. If you pay upfront, you get a 16% discount. Remember, if you don’t get a job within six months of completion, you’ll receive a full refund.
- Monthly plan: You pay $1,490 per month while you are enrolled in the program. If you take six months to graduate, your total payment is $8,940. If you graduate sooner, you pay less.
- Upfront payment: You pay $7,500 upfront for 6 months. This is a 16% discount on the monthly plan.
There are prerequisites to apply for this course. Generally, students must have 1+ years of experience in data or software engineering. Check the course enrolment page for more information.
Ever wonder what a data engineer really does? Check out Springboard’s comprehensive guide to data engineering.
Since you’re here…
Considering a career in software engineering? We’ll help you build a CV that rivals experienced software engineers in 9 months flat with our Software Engineering Bootcamp. If you’re still mulling, try our free software engineering learning path and check out our salary guide to see what you could be making.