Springboard Recognized as One of 2022’s Top Education Companies
With the higher ed landscape continuously evolving to meet the pressing need for competency-based learning and digital upskilling, we’re excited to announce that Springboard has been selected as part of the GSV 150, which recognizes the 150 most transformational growth companies in digital learning and workforce skills development that are shaping the future of education.
GSV Ventures is a venture firm investing in tech entrepreneurs creating solutions in the “Pre-K to Gray” digital education skills market: a term describing how lifelong learning continues indefinitely. This emerging education model calls for differentiated solutions for adult and professional learners versus so-called ‘traditional’ students.
This year’s GSV 150 involved a rigorous assessment of over 4,000 venture capital and private equity-backed companies—an unprecedented number compared to years past, given the e-learning industry’s exponential growth in 2021. Companies selected for the GSV 150 are required to meet the following criteria:
- VC or PE-backed companies in digital learning and workforce skills, excluding public and nonprofit companies
- Companies that have achieved meaningful scale, and primarily, but not exclusively, those that are post-Series A in their development
- Companies experiencing solid, organic top-line growth
GSV estimates that the companies selected this year reach approximately 3 billion people—or close to half of the global population—and generate about $25 billion in revenue.
Springboard is honored to be recognized amongst other companies committed to expanding access to education. We’re proud of our achievements in 2022 to help us reach our goal of transforming one million lives through education by 2030:
- We enrolled over 5,000 students in our business-to-consumer courses in 2022
- In October, we partnered with Amazon to help train Amazon employees to transition into high-growth careers in data analytics and software engineering
- We also formed partnerships with seven universities to further expand our course offerings and develop new curricula backed by accredited institutions
Founded by Parul Gupta and Gautam Tambay in 2013, Springboard is on a mission to transform one million lives through education by 2030. We believe that each student is unique and needs a learning experience designed to fit their life’s pace, supported by advisors and mentors. More than 20,000 students across 100+ countries have used Springboard to advance their careers through our comprehensive, mentor-led online learning programs. Graduates have landed jobs with employers including Apple, Microsoft, Google, Meta, LinkedIn, Deloitte, Intel, IBM, Uber, Coinbase, Salesforce, and more.