At Springboard, we know a thing or two about tech. Our online learning platform has helped thousands of students to learn data analytics, data science, and machine learning engineering. On average, Springboard alumni earn $26K more after completing our programs.
Today, we’re excited to launch the Cyber Security Career Track, our latest online bootcamp.
With data migrating to the cloud and growing geopolitical concerns around security and privacy, many companies are investing in their cybersecurity expertise. They are looking to protect and defend their data through identification, analysis, and mitigation of threats.
Cybersecurity is a large, fast-growing field in the technology industry with a significant skills gap. Cybersecurity Ventures reported that there will be 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs globally by 2021, up from one million positions in 2014.
Today, cybersecurity professionals enjoy high job satisfaction, varied creative challenges, a chance to work with ever-evolving technologies, and great pay.
We’ve partnered with CompTIA, the world’s leading tech association, to create this program. CompTIA has developed certification exams that map directly to today’s current IT job roles. The program will also help students prepare for their Security+ certification.
Is Springboard’s Cyber Security Career Track right for me?
Springboard’s Cyber Security Career Track is designed to train you on job-ready cybersecurity analysis skills, including the core mindset, tools, and best practices.
You’ll work on 30+ labs, 35+ mini-projects, and one capstone project, covering end-to-end analyses and processes needed as a cybersecurity analyst. By the end of the course, you’ll have the complete cybersecurity skillset to succeed on a Network and Information Security team.
This course doesn’t require previous industry experience. Students will be expected to bring a willingness to try new things and a growth mindset. Successful students will also have strong communication skills. These individuals would seek to gain cybersecurity skills to start a new career or grow in their existing role.
What will the Cyber Security Career Track cover?
Springboard programs are designed to help you get where you want to go. That means our cybersecurity program has been designed for the real world, with online classes to fit your schedule and an industry expert who mentors you through every step.
The Cyber Security Track will take most students around six months to complete at a pace of 15-20 hours/week—but can be scaled up according to your needs.
Each unit of the course covers key aspects of cybersecurity. These units feature a combination of materials, including resources that teach theory, cybersecurity exercises and projects, and career-related coursework.
The course will cover:
- Cybersecurity fundamentals
- IT project management
- Host-based security
- Network security
- Identity and access management
- Security assessment and training
- Security operations
- Applications security
- CompTIA Security+ prep (a voucher to cover the cost of the exam will be included in the course cost)
What can I expect to get out of the Cyber Security Career Track?
As with all Springboard courses, the Cyber Security Career Track will be a 100% online and self-paced learning experience. As a cybersecurity student, you’ll also benefit from one of Springboard’s most sought-after features: a community of support that includes a dedicated student advisor, a career coach, a course teaching assistant, and an expert mentor in the field matched specifically for your goals and needs.
Here’s what else you can expect from the course:
- Mentorship and advice. Once you enroll, you’ll be asked to fill out a profile. You’ll answer questions about your background, your availability during the week, and the skills you want to develop. Your student advisor will use this information to match you with an industry mentor who suits your specific needs.
- A hands-on curriculum curated by experts. We believe that diverse perspectives lead to better learning outcomes. Our online curriculum is packed with quality cybersecurity resources, some are handpicked from around the web by industry experts and others are created by Springboard. Our instructional designers then build these resources into a curriculum that includes hands-on projects, assessments, and labs.
- A Springboard support team that includes a student advisor, mentor, community manager, and career coach.
- The Springboard community. While online learning sounds isolating, it’s important to remember that you have a whole community learning alongside you. You’ll get access to this community so you can share triumphs and trials, get feedback, and attend weekly live Office Hours.
- Career services. In addition to learning cybersecurity skills, you’ll also work through sections of the curriculum that cover career material that will guide you through your job search.
- Certification. Once you finish the course material and submit your capstone project, you’ll get a certificate of completion from Springboard, and prep help for the Security+ certification.
- Job guarantee. We guarantee that you’ll have a job offer after graduating and receiving your Security+ certification, or you can get 100% of your tuition refunded. Eligibility criteria and terms here.
Do I need to know anything else (coding? math?) before I sign up?
No! You will learn any coding/math needed within the course curriculum, including some basic Python and converting decimal to binary, and vice versa.
All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities.
Ok, I’m sold. How do I sign up?
The course is 100% online and features a flexible pace so that you can study anytime, anywhere, even if you have a full-time job.
Students can complete the course in six months if they dedicate 15 to 20 hours of work per week. You’re welcomed to complete in less or more time—you pay only for the months you’re enrolled. To learn more, see pricing and financing options, visit Springboard’s Cyber Security Career Track.