Best Careers for ESTJ Personalities
In this article
Learn which careers are ideal for you based on your Myers-Briggs personality type.
ESTJ is one of 16 different personality types from the Myers-Briggs Type Indicators (MBTI). ESTJs are go-getters who use logic and keen decision-making to drive projects forward. Notable ESTJs include Emma Watson, Michelle Obama, and Margaret Thatcher.
On this page, we’ll help you better understand ESTJ career choices by highlighting this group’s strengths and weaknesses and suggest the best jobs for the ESTJ personality type.
Doesn’t sound like you? Learn more about the best careers for your MBTI personality here.
What Does ESTJ Stand For?
ESTJ stands for Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging.
ESTJs are extremely logical and assertive, and the best careers for ESTJs will give them ample opportunity to take charge of projects and lead teams. Because of their ability to stay on top of tasks, top ESTJ career options will include elements of project management, data analysis, and more.
ESTJ Personality Strengths & Weaknesses
What Careers Are Best for ESTJ Personalities?
There’s a large variety of ESTJ careers, with some of the best careers for ESTJ personalities landing in the tech industry.
- Technical program manager. At the top of our ESTJ careers list are technical roles with data engineering or team management capabilities—ideally both. Patience is a key skill required for technical support and management, especially when explaining the functions of a service. ESTJs pride themselves on their ability to lead confidently and their strong communication style will help them thrive in management positions.
- Computer software analyst. As skilled thinkers and problem-solvers, ESTJs make for great computer software analysts. Their determined nature and patience let them approach problems with a clear and focused mind. With Springboard’s Software Engineering Career Track, ESTJs can learn the business in a hands-on and comprehensive way.
- Database administrator. Ideal ESTJ personality type careers allow for analysis and thoughtful work, while also providing space for collaboration. Database administrators work with teams to preserve the security and ensure proper performance of software. With Springboard’s comprehensive Data Science Career Track, they can optimize their love for organization and develop skills in analytical problem-solving.
How Does Springboard Help ESTJs Achieve Their Career Goals?
Springboard provides a self-paced curriculum structure designed to cater to the ESTJ go-getters. By covering an extensive curriculum, accessible mentorship, and providing the tools for a self-driven portfolio, Springboard has adapted its many career tracks to cater to various learning styles, and successfully prepares its students for a variety of ESTJ personality careers.
- Gain the confidence you need. Springboard offers prep courses for aspiring data science and software engineering students who feel they do not qualify for these technical programs right away and can help ESTJs gain the confidence they need to go forward.
- Get results. Like ESTJs, Springboard courses are results-driven. 85% of all Springboard students received an offer within four months, and 53% of students overall received a job offer prior to graduating.
- Keep track of your goals. With regular one-on-one mentorship calls, ESTJs will receive constant feedback to help them stay on track and provide guidance when looking for potential ESTJ career matches.
- Study in a systematic way at your own pace. The courses offered by Springboard are self-paced which is ideal for ESTJs, who enjoy focusing on projects for a long stretch of time.
Since you’re here…
Thinking about a career in data science? Enroll in our Data Science Bootcamp, and we’ll get you hired in 6 months. If you’re just getting started, take a peek at our foundational Data Science Course, and don’t forget to peep our student reviews. The data’s on our side.