IN THIS ARTICLE
Get expert insights straight to your inbox.
Isn’t it mind-blowing that what was once thought of as impossible is now a reality? The credit goes to Alan M. Turing, the man behind the concept of Artificial Intelligence (AI). We all know that AI or the incredible feat of creating machines that can perform intelligent tasks has already made its way into various fields. Whether it’s in healthcare systems, cybersecurity, video games, smart assistants or automotive systems, the application of AI has created new possibilities and hopes for the days to come.
Now, while you have a basic understanding of AI and its applications, it is also important to study it in depth if you wish to be an AI expert. How does AI work, how to learn artificial intelligence, how to get artificial intelligence jobs and how much is the artificial intelligence salary, are some of the common questions that you might have in mind. There are ample artificial intelligence internship programs available today to help answer your queries and get you AI jobs.
If you browse for artificial intelligence internship programs, you’ll find roughly about 100 intern jobs listed on LinkedIn and over 2000 AI jobs on Naukri.com. But before you get started with your search, here are some things you must know.
How to Get Artificial Intelligence Internship and Find Artificial Intelligence Jobs?
AI is a science that requires much skill and determination to gain expertise in. If you see yourself working for artificial intelligence jobs, then you need to have the basic educational qualification and skill set to get there. Many IT companies today are offering artificial intelligence internship courses and you can get selected on the basis of your educational qualifications and computer language skills. The below-mentioned points can help you prepare for your internship.
A) Eligibility Criteria – Educational Qualification
Any candidate who has a degree in B.Tech/B.E. or B.Sc. and is proficient in the required technical skills (refer to the following section), can apply for an internship program. If you don’t possess the required technical skills, Springboard’s top-rated AI and ML program is one of the best ways to train yourself in Artificial Intelligence, which provides all solutions to your query on ‘How to learn artificial intelligence’. Additionally, the course enhances your chances of getting into AI jobs that offer an artificial intelligence salary much higher than that of other IT jobs.
B) Artificial Intelligence Internship and Artificial Intelligence Jobs – Technical Skills
A strong background in computer science and key technical competencies are some essential qualities that you’re expected to possess. Ticking off the below listed technical skills will set you up for your internship program.
Deep Learning and Machine Learning – You are expected to have a good understanding of Deep Learning techniques to be able to create models and solutions based on those techniques. Interns may be asked to use Deep Learning and Machine Learning algorithms for solving image classification, object detection and recognition problems.
- Python Language – Python is a heavily demanded programming languaged in both AI and Data Science field Proficiency in computer languages like Python, R, C++ and Java are extremely important for getting into an AI internship. Being an efficient programmer helps you understand computer concepts like classes and data structures, which are basic requirements for working as an AI engineer.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) – One major sub-field of AI is Natural Language Processing because it is this technology that helps computers read, understand and process human languages. It mainly includes two work areas, computer science, and linguistics. As an AI engineer, you might have to work with text, audio or video. Therefore, you are expected to have a sound knowledge of NLP, sentimental analysis, word2vec and summarisation as well as Gensim and NLTK (Natural Language Toolkit) libraries, which will be an added benefit for you.
- Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) – Ensure that you invest time in studying Neural Networks thoroughly so as to be able to precisely create solutions for problems related to image classification, translation and speech recognition. This technology helps in programming a machine to execute complex codes on its own. If you wish to learn more about Neural Networks, then Springboard’s informative blog on Neural Networks will be the best thing that you’ll read today.
- Image Processing Techniques – Interns are expected to have good knowledge of image processing to create innovative solutions for real-time problems. Completing the assigned tasks of image annotation, image collection, image processing, and data augmentation requires some hands-on knowledge of the image processing techniques.
- Linear Algebra, Statistics, and Calculus – During the internship, you will see a lot of Gaussian distributions, mean, standard deviation, vectors, matrix multiplication, derivatives, integrals and matrices. Therefore, a very good understanding of Linear Algebra, Statistics and Calculus is a must for analyzing the working of machine learning functions and algorithms.
Apart from the technical knowledge, you also need to possess non-technical talent like effective communication skills, the ability to work as a team, being creative and innovative, critical thinking ability and sound industry knowledge.
C) How to Apply for Artificial Intelligence Internship
The artificial intelligence salary can vary from 3 LPA to as high as 50 LPA depending on the educational qualification and expertise. In order to gain expertise in the subject and get good AI jobs, you can opt for any of the available artificial intelligence internship programs. Once you apply for an internship, upload all the necessary documents and your resume. You will then be shortlisted based on your profile and called for an interview for further discussion. Once you complete your internship, you will have the added advantage of a guaranteed job offer, with a letter of recommendation from the company and a completion certificate. Read on for some tips that will help you get into the internship program:
Tips to get into AI internship:
- Firstly, make sure that your CV is up-to-date with all the necessary information. Any small work experience or skills you possess are good to be included in your resume. Say, for example, problem-solving skills, communication or leadership skills that you acquired when working as a retailer or business associate.
- Create a precisely customized cover letter that will make you stand out from the crowd.
- Be ready with the above listed technical skillset.
- Browse for common interview questions and practice them so that you’ll be confident when talking to the interviewer.
- Presentation is the key; so ensure that your body language, dress code, etiquette, and behavior appeal to the interviewer.
- Look for internship programs offered by colleges/companies, visit job fairs, build a network on Linkedin to remain connected with different IT Professionals, Data Scientists, AI Engineers, ML Engineers and check out sites like naukri.com, indeed.com, internshala, jobs.intel.com and the same.
Get To Know Other Data Science Students
How Does AI Work?
Most of us might have a common question – how does AI work? Some early programmers considered that certain embedded software systems were designed using Artificial Intelligence; for instance, the database that stores all the records at a supermarket or the fuel injection that takes place in your car. But AI is something more complex, capable and close to human intelligence. It is the combination of deep learning, machine learning and artificial intelligence that enables computers to learn human jobs and languages and perform complex tasks by themselves.
Artificial Intelligence is primarily human-brain-inspired so humans need to feed information into the machines. To create an AI machine, programmers must first create and categorize the different concepts that they work with. The concepts are backed by certain actions and corresponding responses. These concepts are then stored as data chunks (static or dynamic). Once the programmers assign goals, an AI system generates sub-goals and assigns utility values to them depending on their ‘predicted’ role in arriving at the primary goal. The sub-goals are pursued by the AI until the primary goal is achieved. Only after the primary goal is achieved, the system moves on to another new primary goal or task. In order to work this way, the computer mainly requires some historical data and specific algorithms, which help in building a propensity model. The propensity model then works on making predictions about a person’s future behavior and arriving at the most feasible result. All of this contributes to the working of an intelligent machine.
Springboard offers specialized courses on ML and AI, providing hands-on experience and an opportunity to innovate your own solutions, thus guaranteeing you your dream AI job. So ramp up your skills and knowledge with top-rated courses and blogs available on Springboard, and catapult your way to a career in Artificial Intelligence.
Since you’re here…Are you interested in this career track? Investigate with our free guide to what a data professional actually does. When you’re ready to build a CV that will make hiring managers melt, join our Data Science Bootcamp which will help you land a job or your tuition back!