The average adult in the U.S. spends 11 hours per day staring at some kind of screen – whether it’s a smartphone, computer monitor, or television.
It’s no wonder that the digital design industry has witnessed a boom in recent years. Companies worldwide are devoting more of their resources towards creating beautiful and easy-to-use digital experiences.
The market trends speak for themselves:
1. The median salary for workers with UI/UX skills in the U.S. in 2018 was $93,000 (Robert Half + Glassdoor)
2. UI/UX has real business impact. Companies that invested in great design outperformed the S&P 500 by 228%. (dmi)
Designers that possess both UI (User Interface) and UX (User Experience) skills stand to benefit most in the coming years (learn more about UX design here). A search for UI/UX jobs on Glassdoor shows 44,000+ open positions in the United States alone, and that figure is projected to grow 22% in the next 10 years. Further, it’s clear that demand for UI/UX designers will continue to grow not only in the tech industry but also in other industries that are in great need of some design love.
While the design industry comes of age, learning these skills has become more accessible than before. In late 2018, we launched the UX Career Track to train a new wave of aspiring designers and help bridge this skills gap. Within 10 short months, it has grown to become our largest program till date.
Many of our students like Amber, Quynh, and Diego successfully made the transition into careers in UX. We also learned from speaking with employers that in addition to specialized UX jobs, there are multiple job families that value a generalist UI + UX skillset. Encouraged by the impact, we decided to build a second program that teaches both and prepares students for such jobs.
This is why I’m excited to announce our newest program: the UI/UX Design Career Track!
If you have strong visual and communication skills and are passionate about creating products that are beautiful, organized, and user-friendly, this program will help you transition into a design role. Here’s why you should consider taking the plunge:
1. All backgrounds welcome
We require candidates to have strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. The application process for the UI/UX Design Career Track is designed to evaluate a baseline visual aptitude, analytical skills, and the ability to empathize with users to synthesize and generate ideas.
2. Build a design portfolio to set yourself apart
In the course, you’ll work on substantial UI/UX projects and complete a real-world externship with an industry client. After 9 months of immersive learning, you’ll graduate with robust UI/UX design skills and a unique portfolio to show hiring managers.
3. Get a design job, or your tuition back
We’re invested in our student outcomes and believe we succeed only when you succeed. That’s why the program is backed by our job guarantee.
4. (Or) pay after you get a job
We know that financing higher education can be challenging for some. This is why we offer a Deferred Tuition payment option – you pay a small deposit to enroll, and the rest in affordable monthly installments only after getting a job.
Here’s a quick overview of what you can expect in the program:
1. A 700-hour curriculum covering everything from hands-on UI projects to working with developers and stakeholders.
2. A 40-hour Industry Design Project where you’ll work closely with an industry partner to solve a real business problem.
3. Two capstone projects which you can add to your portfolio and speak to with hiring managers.
4. Skills other bootcamps don’t teach – like the end-to-end design sprint process pioneered by Silicon Valley.
5. Regular 1:1 video meetings with your personal mentor, plus unlimited access to additional calls with mentors.
6. Unlimited 1-1 Career coaching to optimize your professional profile, prepare for interviews and land the job you want – guaranteed.
Ready to start your design journey and help build products of the future? Apply now, and let’s start building.
Onwards and upwards,
Parul and team.
Since you’re here…
Interested in a career in UX design? Rise to the top of the CV pile when you enroll in our UX Bootcamp—you’ll get a UX job or your tuition money back. Take a look at our student reviews and test out our free UX course to get a feel for our style and results. TL;DR: average starting salaries for our students = $85,440. Let’s do this.